Annual Parent Meeting Agenda – Schoolwide
February 3, 2017 8:30 am – 9:10 am
Antrim Elementary School Gymnasium (Prior to the school assembly)
Snacks and Coffee Provided (In the hallway)
Welcome all Families and Community Members
What is Title I?
- Title I, Part A is a federal program that serves the unique needs of children — kindergarten to grade 12. Title I programs and services provide customized instruction and curricula that helps students meet academic standards and take an active, engaged interest in what they learn and can do. As the oldest and largest federal education program, Title I programs build equity of opportunity for children.
|School must provide additional learning time for students who have been identified as most at risk of not meeting reading and/or math standards.|
Our Schoolwide Goals
- School Plans – Reading and math focus through inclusive practices to build and sustain the AES positive culture.
- Build on ConVal’s District curriculum goals through assessing student progress and providing high quality instruction
- Parent/Guardian Involvement
Important Part of Title I – Parent and Family Engagement!
Currently Title I, Part A defines parent involvement as the …participation of parents in regular, two-way and meaningful communications with school staff that involves the student, addresses learning and engages the family in school activities.
- Parent’s Right-to-Know, Compact, Parent Guidelines
- AES has amazing literacy and family involvement activities!
- We would like to ask you to participate in a survey before you leave to ask for additional input for creating parent/family trainings and activities that support AES.